HAPPY AMERICAN & CHINESE NEW YEAR!
Wow, so the 1st semester of the teaching year for Rich is over and he is now on an extended break because of the Chinese New Year/Spring Festival. He will return to classes Feb. 22nd. At the end of his semester, he was privileged to work with some of the top students at his school. They were tasked with presenting a short play for the end of year "English Department Christmas Program". Rich was given opportunity to perform "Charlie Brown Christmas" with several of his students in front of the entire High School first year students and staff. As you know, Charlie Brown's Christmas is well-known and long-running play during this time of year. Rich wanted to use it largely because of the final scene and the reading of Luke's account of the birth of Jesus. The most wonderful part of this event, was that he was able to have his students perform it, without ANY censorship; which was quite ironic considering that this past Christmas, in Kentucky, an elementary school was forbidden to perform the final scene where Linus quotes from the Gospel of Luke. Here is a video during one of their practices of our "Linus"....oh yeah, they all had to perform the entire play in English!! The students did a wonderful job and the true meaning of Christ's birth went forth to over 600 Chinese souls. May God hover over His Word and bring forth fruit!
When Rich returns to begin the last semester of the year, he will begin a series of lessons focusing on a number of "controversial" topics. He will initiate discussions about the value and worth of life, when life begins, overpopulation, global warming, origins of life, etc. These lessons provide wonderful material for extensive dialogue, but they also provide grist for truth seekers to find the treasure of Him who is the Truth.
As we shared last time, we were providing respite care for the regular foster family who cares for abandoned children. YangMei, Chinese for "Popular Plum," is a precious 8 month old girl that we have had the privilege of fostering on a few occasions. On the second round of respite care, we were moved to begin the adoption process! Some of you who are also on Facebook have seen this announcement, but for those who aren't on there, we couldn't wait to share this blessed news.
While in our home, we observed our three boys fawning so gently over YangMei...they just adore her and are already very proud big brothers. We have paid the initial application fee and our home study has been completed. We have submitted a request to the government to become YangMei's legal foster family until the adoption is completed. We are now prayerfully waiting for their answer, which of course, we pray will be a resounding YES! In the meantime, she is loved and cared for by our friends so we are filled with much gratitude that she is not in the orphanage. Please pray with us that the Lord will have favor upon our request and move the hearts of the CCCWA to place YangMei into our arms very soon. Support
This was YangMei before she was nurtured.....loved.....fed enough food! Praise God for her life!
This is 'formation time' in the school in which Rich teaches. Three times a week at mid-morning, all my year one students form up like the military and will conduct formation runs around the school, chanting and singing cadences together.
MINISTRY - PRAYER - PRAISE
Recently, we received a very unexpected email. It came to our "praying4life" address that we used while ministering outside abortion clinics and other involvement in the pro-life world while back in the states. It was from an abortion bound mother in KENYA who saw some post one of us had made (who knows where and when) and she reached out! God reaches hearts no matter where they are and praise His name that after we sent an initial response, she replied back!! We rejoiced to know that she had NOT gone through with it and was VERY receptive to our counsel. We have now connected her with a local pastor in her home town and she continues to communicate with Jody and a couple other dear sisters in the Lord! Her name is Jackline...please pray for her and the precious baby in her womb. She is still deciding whether to parent or place for adoption.
SPECIFIC PRAYER NEEDS
1. For the relationships we are building with multiple Chinese families. We want to be wise as serpents and innocent as doves as we discern the time to share our hope in Jesus with them.
2. For the adoption process with YangMei. That the Lord would open wide the door for the process to move smoothly and quickly and that all the necessary finances will be provided. He has already provided over $6000.00 and we are humbled.
3. For Rich as he continues teaching, that as he explores the topics we shared with you above, that the Truth woven within the lessons will pierce the students' hearts and their eyes will be opened.
4. That our acquisition of the language would be graciously hastened by the Lord.
"I will go down (into India), if you will hold the rope." - Wm. Carey
How can you help?
1. Pray- as the Holy Spirit gives utterance. Pray the Lord would stand by us, strengthen us and that through us the truth and power of the Gospel might be fully known, that all the Chinese might hear: & that the Lord would deliver us from every evil work preserving us unto His heavenly kingdom (2Tim 4:17-18)
2. Go - The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few (Luke 10:2). If God is calling you, we pray you GO!
3. Give - as you are led of the Lord Jesus Christ. Click here for one time or recurring donation: http://hagennation.weebly.com/support-or-contact.html